The Portola High School Health office has a registered nurse onsite most days. If a student is going to be absent from school due to an illness or injury, a note is required from a doctor for it to be excused. Additionally, if a student is going to need crutches, a wheelchair or any other assisted device to get around campus, an additional note must be provided by their doctor or care provider.
Parents/guardians should include the school nurse in an e-mail sent to the teachers, counselors or assistant principals regarding your learner's health-related information.
If your child has tested positive for Covid-19, you will need to notify the school via the Google document found here. Calls on the attendance line are not necessary once the form has been submitted.
SHOULD YOUR CHILD STAY HOME?
- Temperature 100 degrees and above
- Students have to be fever free without the use of pain relievers (ex. Tylenol or ibuprofen) for at least 24 hours
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea. The student may return to school 24 hours after the last episode
- Uncontrollable, infectious cough
- Suspected communicable disease(ex. Cellulitis, Zika)
- Suspected infection of the eyes (i.e. conjunctivitis), nose, throat (i.e. strep throat), skin (i.e. scabies), or scalp (i.e. lice)
- A rash of unknown origin – student may return to school when written authorization is received from the healthcare provider
Students MUST stay home for 24 hours on antibiotic medicine
DAILY HOME SCREENING for students
STUDENT SYMPTOM DECISION TREE