1:1 Chromebook Program
Portola is a 1:1 school. All learners at PHS receive a Chromebook upon enrollment in school and completion of required paperwork.
To protect your learner’s Chromebook we recommend purchasing the optional insurance through Worth Ave Group at the link below.
The window for purchasing insurance to cover your Chromebook for Summer 2019 and for the 2019-20 school year is now open until June 21 and is just $22 for the year!
When purchasing insurance, the Worth Group Insurance Company web form will ask you which Chromebook model you are insuring. To determine your model look at the underside of the case, the Dell 3180 clearly says 3180 near the serial number tag and the 3120 has no indication of the number on the bottom. Generally, all learners who will graduate in 2020 have the Dell 3120 and those who graduate in 2021 and 2022 have the Dell 3180.
- You may also purchase a cover for $25 in the PTSA student store.
- If your learner’s charger is lost, you must purchase a new one from the Learning Commons for $15. Please do NOT purchase third-party chargers.
- If you need technical support for the PHS Chromebook, you may stop by the Learning Commons and speak to our Computer Support Specialist Thomas Trinh .
Summer 2019 Chromebook Policy
Thank you for all of your support this year with our 1:1 Chromebook program. As we plan for the 2019-20 school year, we will allow learners to keep their PHS Chromebook over the summer and for the duration of the time that they attend Portola.
Learners may keep the Chromebook over the summer and into the next school year UNLESS:
- Your learner is NOT returning to Portola HS in the Fall of 2019.
- You purchased a device for your learner and they no longer need the Chromebook. Have them return the PHS Chromebook as soon as possible to the Learning Commons.
- You do not want your learner to keep the Chromebook over the summer. It will need to be returned to the Learning Commons before your learner leaves for summer break. We will recheck this same device out to them when they return to school in August.
If you need technical support for the PHS Chromebook over the summer, you may email our Computer Support Specialist Thomas Trinh at ThomasTrinh@iusd.org
Important Documents you may need