Thank you for all of your support this Spring with our 1:1 Chromebook program. The program was very successful not only for our learners but for our teachers as well. As we plan for Summer 2018 and the 2018-19 school year, it has been decided that learners may keep the Chromebook that was issued to them in February 2018 for the duration of the time that they attend Portola.
Therefore, PHS learners may keep the Chromebook that was issued to them in February 2018 over the summer and into the next school year UNLESS:
- Your learner is NOT returning to Portola HS in the Fall of 2018.
- You purchased a device for your learner and they no longer need the Chromebook. Please return the PHS Chromebook as soon as possible to the Learning Commons.
- You do not want your learner to keep the Chromebook over the summer. The Chromebook will then need to be returned to the Learning Commons before your learner leaves for summer break. We will recheck this same device out to them when they return to school in August for the 2018-19 school year.
To protect your learner’s Chromebook over the summer and into next year:
- We have optional insurance available on a yearly basis. The window for purchasing summer insurance for the 2018-19 school is open between May 21 - June 18, 2018, and is $22 for the 2018-19 school year. CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE INSURANCE AFTER MAY 21, 2018.
- When purchasing insurance, the Worth Group Insurance Company web form will ask you which Chromebook model you are insuring. To determine your model look at the underside of the case, the Dell 3180 clearly says 3180 near the serial number tag and the 3120 has no indication of the number on the bottom. Generally, all learners who will graduate in 2020 have the Dell 3120 and those who graduate in 2021 have the Dell 3180.
- You may purchase a cover for $25 in the PTSA student store.
- If your learner’s charger is lost, you must purchase a new one from the Learning Commons for $15. Please do NOT purchase third-party chargers.
If you need technical support for the PHS Chromebook over the summer, you may email our Computer Support Specialist Thomas Trinh at ThomasTrinh@iusd.org.
Incoming students for the 2018-19 school year will be issued a Chromebook at re-registration during the week of August 13, 2018.