Hello Senior 2022 parents! We are opening a second and last round of ticket request for our commencement ceremony on June 2nd 2022. The first round of ticket request was closed earlier this month, however we will have this final round available until May 24th 2022. All requests will be notified on May 25th and May 26th if their request was approved. All additional tickets are 5 dollars each and will be paid CASH on June 1st after graduation practice. All students will pick up their tickets with their cap and gown. If you have any questions please email JeffreyHernandez@iusd.org. The link to request tickets is HERE.
FAQ for Seniors and Graduation
Senior EVENTS - Click HERE for details
Tuesday, May 31st: Senior Breakfast @ 9:30 AM (mandatory)
Wednesday, June 1: Graduation Rehearsal @ 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM (mandatory)
- Senior check-out form due (will be distributed in late May)
- Cap and gown pick up
- Ticket distribution
- 4 tickets per student (may request up to 4 additional tickets- form for request will be available by the end of April)
Thursday, June 2: Graduation @ 6:00 PM at PHS Stadium (gates open at 5:00 PM)
- Students arrive at 4:45 PM to their designated classroom
Friday, June 3: Grad Night @ 6:00 PM (meet at PHS)
- Location: Six Flags
- Follow @phsgradnight2022 for tickets and updates
CAP AND GOWN
Seniors can still order Caps & Gowns online until May 1st. Click here for ordering information. After May 1, purchases can only be made at Graduation Rehearsal ($40 cash only).
See here about important information for graduates and their families in regard to Portola High School’s 3rd Annual Commencement Ceremonies.
PHS GRADUATION SPEECHES REQUIREMENTS
If you would like to submit a speech to be reviewed for commencement please follow these guidelines:
- 3-5 minutes spoken
- All seniors are able to participate
- Typed on a Google Doc
- Share with JeffreyHernandez@iusd.org by May 11th, 2022 with the title "Graduation Speech <your name>"
- All entries will have the opportunity to deliver their speech to the deciding committee on May 13th, 2022 via an appointment process
If you have any further questions, please see Mr. Hernandez or email him at JeffreyHernandez@ iusd.org.