Student Parking Permit Information 2018 - 2019
PHS students will be able to park their registered vehicle in parking spots that are not marked Staff, Fire Lane, Loading and Handicap. The parking permit can be purchased for $40 a semester through ASB. The parking permit will be put on by the Campus Control Assistant, and it will be displayed on the rear window of the vehicle. Permits are not allowed to be taken off and put on another vehicle. Vehicles that are not displaying a parking permit will receive a warning and may be subject to towing at the owners expense.
Students MUST park only in authorized student parking areas. Vehicles parked in the lot without a parking permit with be issued the following:
1st Offense: Warning
2nd Offense: Detention
3rd Offense: Saturday School
4th Offense: Suspension of permit
Students who meet the following requirements will be eligible for a Parking Permit:
- Attendance to a Smart Start meeting at any IUSD campus at any time prior to issuance of a parking permit. Smart Start Dates
- No more than 12 tardies or 3 truancies in the prior semester.
Parking Permit Expectations:
- Students will drive slowly, respectfully and safely at all times on campus
- Students will park in white striped spaces ONLY. Students will NOT park in the Staff, Visitor or Handicap Spaces
- Parking permit stickers will be displayed on the back right windshield.
Consequences for not meeting expectations:
- Students not meeting expectations may receive a detention or Saturday school.
- Students who accumulate 12 tardies or 3 truancies in the current semester may lose their parking privilege.
- Excessive violations may result in the placement of a tire boot ($25 removal) or an IPD parking ticket.
- PHS Administration reserves the right to revoke any permit if any of the above expectations or other expectations in the Bulldog Code of Conduct are not met.
To receive a permit, you will provide evidence of the following to the PHS Campus Control Assistant:
- Parking Permit Application
- Date and location of Smart Start IPD presentation - Smart Start Dates
- Proof of a valid Driver’s License
- Copy of registration for your vehicle
- PHS photo ID card
- Proof of payment from ASB ($40 a semester)
- High School Lunch Release Form - Completed during data confirmation in Aeries